Photobucket

Monday, June 30, 2008

Back!

We are back in Holland! We arrived last week, and it was an emotional reunion, of course. It was great to see family and friends again. Especially seeing my mum felt really good, I loved watching the children hug her. It made me feel that we've made the right decision by coming back. Although I have to say, Eindhoven isn't quite Sydney. My biggest first impression was that everything seems so small. The roads, the houses, the apartment blocks, the cars... everything except for the Dutch people, who seem tall, skinny and in your face.
From day one, we've been really busy trying to organise everything for our house.
Our new house looks wonderful, that is, if you ignore the seventies interior. We will renovate the house first before we move in, but it looks promising. Merlin and Keri played on the village square adjacent to our new house. There were plenty of other children there, playing soccer, riding their bikes or just hanging out. It looks like a place where our children can make friends easily. They do miss their Australian friends, talk about them everyday.
For pictures of our reunion, again., look at mu dutch blog: wkke.web-log.nl .

1 comment:

Fe said...

Welcome Home (can I say that when I'm not there to welcome you?)!!!

I'm glad you're glad that you're back. And am so looking forward to seeing you soon! We're in York, England right now. Our holiday is passing quickly. Too quickly.

xxxxxxxx